Welcome to Eric Writes, my blog that may or may not undergo a drastic title change once creativity strikes again.
I searched through a lot of themes before settling on one that did not look like a commercial website. I was searching for something simple and easy to navigate. I currently plan to just use this platform for class related projects, but I could see myself coming back to set up a more serious personal website in the near future. The CSS element I added was a border around the “Nothing Found” box.
There are a few pros and cons to using a service like WordPress versus rolling out my own website:
- WordPress makes it easier and simpler to maintain
- It can make it easier to present if you do not have an aesthetic mind
- You do not necessarily need to learn to code
- Likely cheaper
- Less creative control over the look of your site
- Less control over all aspects of the site
- The skills required to develop and roll out your own site demonstrate a more marketable and impressive skillset
Hey Eric. I agree, it is a little annoying that you can’t change somethings on your website. It’s annoying how some themes don’t let you change something as simple as the background color.